background

Monday, December 29, 2008

Jeff and I just got back from a surprise night away (well, surprise to me :) for our 10th anniversary!! It was such a nice anniversary package at the Grouse Mtn. Lodge, including dinner, room service dessert, and a couples' massage today! Snow fell pretty constantly outside as we peaked out often at the cross country skiers. Some other time we'll have to be adventurous Montanians and try that part of the package. As we got settled in our room there was a painting on the wall which stood out from all the gaudy gold framed prints in the room . . . it looked alot like the style of one of our Camp Promise camper's mom's, Kelly Apgar. She does paintings with cattle markers. As I suspected my husband had bought her print, with my favorite flower - tulips, and had the hotel staff hang it in our room before we arrived. It now hangs at the end of our hall! Beautiful addition! What a blessing to think back over the last few years in our lives and swell with gratitude for the man with whom God has blessed me!! (Wish I had been a good, addictive blogger and brought my camera - HUGE fireplaces, many cool moose sculptures, incredible snow, . . . Dad, you would have LOVED the rustic lodge look! Maybe, we'll get a chance to go again, sometime :)!

No comments: