background

Friday, December 18, 2009




HOME!!!! Boxes still lie strewn around the garage, but we diverged from our plan to complete that task before Christmas decorations came down from the attack. It was a nice distraction to decorate, and I am enjoying seeing all those sweet Santa pictures of my Daddy! I am so grateful God blessed me with such a sweet man to fill that role in my life for a time!!!! I do miss him lots, though!!!
After arriving home last Friday, we enjoyed snowfall all weekend with an accumulation of about 7 inches. It warmed up a bit this week, but more is to come this weekend, I think. BEAUTIFUL stuff that snow!
Back to what we're accomplishing as we settle back in . . . Kara and Simon and I tackled getting their rooms organized, and Jeff is working with Keith and Jacob to get their room in working order. They've accomplished sorting through and reshelving books (even shared many with Kara and Simon who are loving them). We also started reading the final Narnia book last night - so cool! Our new Wii from PopPop and Kathy has also been a favorite reward for a hard days' work :)! Jeff, as well, jumped right into sorting and shelving books of his own purchased on our trip :) . . . I love our home, but think we'd do best to purchase an old library for our next house :) - I'd love that and we'd never run out of bookshelves! He also had to replace some brackets for our garage shelves before we loaded them with camping gear. I was wishing for my Hercules brothers or brother-in-laws when he had to lift the 10-15 ft shelf back in place! I've cleaned off my desk in the kitchen and gotten the kitchen/classroom all functional (you'd all be proud that I am keeping up with the dishes - except for one night :). There isn't room for Jacob at Elrod School, so we're finishing out the semester at home. We're praying there will be a miraculous opening after the holidays, but if not, the boys say they are okay with going to another local school for the rest of the year. Simon is working overtime settling back into home. He is NOT enjoying learning to sleep alone, but when his brothers finish clearing out their room of cluttered toys, he may be invited to live there. He is, however, feel mighty big as he tromps around the house in big boy underwear (aren't completely successful in the potty realm yet, but working on it :)! Upon arrival home, Keith shared his BIG Buzz Lightyear with Simon, and he has had a blast helping him go night-night, play, and go potty. Kara has stayed entertained with dolls and books and even had one playdate with a girl friend. She is looking forward to parties this weekend (friends' Christmas and birthday) and to a possible little tea for her birthday next week.
Wow, I'm quite wordy this morning :) . . . I guess I'm missing everyone far away as the holiday approaches... Here are a few photos of the fun we had this week at home - potty training and the traditional Christmas peanuts puzzle :) -

3 comments:

Stephen Wegner said...

I'm so glad that you made it safely home in time for Christmas. Ian will be glad to know that Keith and Jacob are doing school at home. Maybe they can compare notes. :)

Anna said...

That was actually me and not Stephen, although I am sure he is glad that you are home safely too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Author ortsinmontana.blogspot.com !
I think, that you are not right. I am assured. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM.