background

Sunday, April 04, 2010





After a yummy ham dinner at lunchtime (thanks, Hazel, for waking me up at 4am, so I could put the ham in to cook while we slept & not have to come home from church to stick it in), we headed to camp where we had a big egg hunt! The Landis' girls, our director's kids, and the Williams' 3, our maintenance director's kiddos, joined forces with the Ortlings to find 150 eggs. (well, almost that many - a few were lost amongst the weeds or eaten by the camp staff dogs who joined us) Most kids didn't want to pause the hunt long enough for a photograph, but I ran ahead to catch a few ;). Simon, is about the same height as the brush, so he required a little help on reaching a couple. He was very much a part of the fun, however! After all the hunting was done, the little ones enjoyed some great swinging time on the tire swing my dad had put up when Keith and Jacob were little fellows. I was just remembering this morning with my kids how I spent lots of moments on a tire swing at my grandparents' house in Mississippi. Tire swinging is definitely a classic pastime! Spending time with these families makes us even more eager to be down at camp! Summer is on its way!

No comments: